“Lethal” Sheethal Shobowale @ Leap Work
I am an online marketing, digital analytics and social media professional with experience in online branding and direct response campaigns for Fortune 500 and other companies across the retail, pharmaceutical, energy, telecom, travel, financial and entertainment industries as well as several non-profit organizations. I managed the Data & Analytics group of Media Contacts, New York (an online media agency, part of the French advertising company Havas).
Through Leap Work, I work with non-profits and public service organizations, helping them plan and reach their online marketing and development goals. I gather user feedback through online conversations and research to drive online marketing strategy. My approach is goal-driven, measurable and accountable.
I focus on -
- Online Marketing Strategy, Measurement and Reporting
- Online Marketing Optimization
- Market and User Research
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Search Marketing
- Social Media (buzz) Strategy and Measurement
- Website and Media Analytics
I have conducted successful online media and analytics projects for the following brands -
- Schering Plough (Claritin, Dr. Scholl’s, Lotrimin, Afrin, Coricidin HBP)
- Reckitt Benckiser (Lysol, Clearasil, Veet, Airwick, French’s, etc)
- Boehringer Ingelheim (Mirapex, Flomax)
- Air France
- Exxon Mobil
- Virgin Mobile
- Comedy Central
I have partnered with the following non-profit organizations and small businesses to plan and support marketing and analytics initiatives.
- Dr. Gary Tracy, OD – see testimonial
- Festival Chamber Music
- Green Fort Greene and Clinton Hill
- La Vida Idealist
- Leadership Prep Brownsville – see testimonial
- Leadership Prep Bed Stuy
- Lower East Side Girls Club
- Lower East People’s Federal Credit Union
- Montessori Central
- Partijat Desai Dance Company
- Uncommon Schools – see testimonial
I received my Bachelor of Arts and Masters of Science in Strategic Communication from Columbia University in the City of New York. For my Masters thesis project, I formulated a communications strategy including all market research, branding, targeting, product design, and print materials for signature fundraising chocolate bar for The Lower East Side Girls Club of New York.
I am also passionate about the need for financial literacy training. I have facilitated financial literacy workshops for high school students and conducted credit counseling for adults in New York City through several organizations and hope to build my own financial literacy mentoring program with an online social networking component. Please see Financial Literacy for more detail.
Other Volunteer Efforts
- From October 2009 – April 2010, I will be a Kiva Fellow, working with Asociacion Arariwa, one of Kiva’s partner microfinance institutions in the rural Cusco region of Peru for 6 months. Please read this blog entry to learn more about the program
- I am a Kiva lender. Kiva is the world’s first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs around the globe. Please visit my Kiva lender page
- I coordinate the Cumberland Block Association, a local Brooklyn neighborhood organization
Lethal Sheethal Offline
I am an energetic, open-minded language learner, rock climber, scuba diver, snow boarder, international travel fanatic, foodie, arts lover, and a native New Yorker who loves living in Brooklyn.
Please feel free to contact me with work, thoughts and comments at sheethal [AT] leapwork [dot] com
* Photo credit Joshua Pestka