Lethal Sheethal’s Financial Literacy Work
I am passionate about the need for financial literacy training. I have facilitated financial literacy workshops for high school students and conducted credit counseling for adults in New York City through several organizations.
Workshops / Mentoring
- Lower Eastside People’s Federal Credit Union – Credit Counselor for VITA tax preparation site, March – April 2007, March – April 2008
- NYC after-school program, Lower East Side, NY, February 2008
- Mad City workshop, Lower East Side, NY, December 2007
- Newtown High School – 8 mathematics classes, November 2007
- Lower East Side Girls Club – Money Matters Conference, April 2007
- NEFE High School Financial Literacy Program training
- NYCfNAC credit counseling training
My dream is to build a financial literacy mentoring program for students with a online social media component. Stay tuned for updates!
Kiva is the world’s first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs around the globe. Check out Lethal Sheethal’s Lending Page on Kiva. And starting in October 2009, I will be working in the Cusco region of Peru with Asociacion Arariwa as a Kiva Fellow. I can’t wait to support Kiva’s mission and help low income entrepreneurs grow their ventures.